SHELBY KEIDER'S MONKEY BREAD
I guess I'd heard of monkey bread all my life, but I don't I ever really knew what it was until I was in my 50's. I drove Mom
to see her sister Eleanor in Arkansas, and while we were there, my cousin Shelby, who was also visiting from Maine,
made monkey bread for brunch.
We were all very impressed, and I think this was the last recipe my mother
(who claims not to cook anymore) wrote out.
2 sticks oleo
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 package of frozen rolls
1. Melt brown sugar in 1 stick of oleo. Place in bottom of greased bundt pan.
2. Melt 1 stick of oleo and add granulated sugar and cinnamon.
3, Dip frozen rolls in melted oleo, and in sugar mixture. Arrange in bottom of
4. Spread remaining sugar mixture over rolls in pan.
5. Cover with tea towel on cabinet overnight. (Do not refrigerate.)
6. Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
7. Set out for 10 minutes. Turn over onto plate, and leave the pan on top
for another five minutes. Serve warm.